I’m a business consultant, trainer, and coach for owners of marketing agencies—including marketing, web, PR, video, design, SEO/SEM, and other creative services firms.
If you own or manage a marketing firm, I can help you find more free time, make more money, and enjoy your work more. I work with clients near me in the Raleigh-Durham, NC, area and across the United States.
Need help now? Contact me for help.
Lead-Gen Marketing, Client Retention, and Business Analysis
- Recommended decisive $700,000 action after determining that 60% of a client’s customers were unprofitable (case study from confidential client)
- Identified client’s at-risk customers before they closed their accounts, creating an opportunity to save $150MM in assets (case study from confidential client)
- Used e-commerce and email marketing to drive event sales at tourist railroad, increasing profits by 38% (Whippany Railway Museum case study)
- Created email marketing campaign and consistent online marketing program to connect tourism client with new market segments, consistently netting 33%+ email open rates (Washington DCNRHS case study)
- Set up an automated call center to connect a client’s computer-phobic customers to the box office nearest them, handling 1,100+ sales calls in 10 weeks and contributing to sold-out events during an economic recession (SantaTrain.net and EasterBunnyTrain.com case study)
- Conducted deadline-driven, buy-sell investment research on 400+ companies for $1.3B mutual fund, rapidly analyzing business models (Domini Social Investments case study)
Project Management for Custom Web Development
- Created site for the first-ever National Bike to School Day, getting event registrations from 900+ schools in all 50 states in under two months (Walk to School Day and Bike to School Day case study)
- Restarted a stalled web development project after the previous PM resigned, successfully launching a national social justice NGO’s new online home (MDC, Inc. case study)
- Built a new site as a client switched its business model from being a defense contractor to serving government and corporate customers (Halfaker & Associates case study)
- Picked up the pieces to do a last-minute redesign for a $60MM non-profit after its parent organization mandated a last-minute redesign (YMCA of the Triangle case study)
- Launched an attractive, easy-to-update, 750-page website to connect a $10MM YMCA summer camp with prospects, customers, and alumni (Camp Sea Gull and Camp Seafarer case study)
- Created new user-friendly website design for $600MM science research foundation (Burroughs Wellcome Fund case study)
- Saved the day for a new social networking site, when the client’s previous web development agency couldn’t finish the project (FanBunch.com niche social networking case study)
- Built a central blog aggregator website to share a client’s nationwide thought leadership and industry expertise (CTQ transformED case study)
Next Steps: How Can I Help You?
Want results like this for your own organization? Please share what’s giving you a headache — I’d love to help you make your business operations problems go away.
While I’m not a match for everyone, I’m glad to evaluate your problem and let you know if hiring me would be a good fit, or else I’ll refer you to a better match.